The Rules of Conduct are guidelines to the user on expected conduct and behavior upon the Terran Gaming website. These guidelines can change at the sole discretion of the Community Team as necessary to best benefit the Terran Gaming community and cultivate an atmosphere appropriate to a gaming forum. Despite our best efforts to detail the different sections with specific examples, there will always be areas that will be ultimately handled on a per incident basis by the Community Team. Even when not specified, the Community Team has the sole right and final judgment of how to interpret and apply these rules and guidelines to any specific circumstance and situation, including proper punishment or exception.
It violates the Terran Gaming Terms of Service if you (or others using your Account) engage in any of the following behavior:
- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal or promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
- Upload or attempt to distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted data, or malicious software.
- Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another Member or guest that is unwanted. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about Members or guests, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, attacking a Member or guest based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.
- Transmit or facilitate distribution of Content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or objectionable in a reasonable person's view. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- “Trolling,” which we define as posts or threads that knowingly lead to overly strong, negative, and emotional responses for mere shock value, is not allowed on the Terran Gaming forums. Accounts created with the sole intent to “troll” will be immediately and permanently suspended. Constant personal attacks are also considered trolling.
- Register an alternate account for the purpose of disobeying the rules to avoid punishment of your main account. Alternate accounts created for this purpose will receive permanent bans.
- Register an alternate account to post when your main account is banned. These alternate accounts will be permanently suspended and may necessitate other moderation actions.
- Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are a Terran Gaming administrator, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Terran Gaming or any of Terran Gaming's partners or affiliates.
- Post messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including without limitation advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
- Post or communicate any user’s real-world personal information within this website, any of our game servers, or any other service offered by Terran Gaming.
- Attempt to get a password, other account information, or other private information from a Member or any other user on the Terran Gaming website. Remember: Terran Gaming staff will NEVER ask for your password. Do not give your password, reminder words, or billing information out to anyone.
- You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your Terran Gaming account.
- You will not upload or any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.
- Forum accounts are non-transferable. Registered users are responsible for any actions that take place on their accounts or private messaging systems.
- Do not repost copyright and/or press material in its entirety from other sources. Quotations from things such as news articles are fine, provided it is cited and (if possible) linked to.
- Disrupt the flow of chat with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, “spamming” or flooding [posting repetitive text].
The following guidelines will help promote a user-friendly environment:
- Do not post in all capital letters, use excessive punctuation, etc to draw attention to your posts.
- Posting IBL, IBTL, or variants of “In Before The Lock” constitutes spamming.
- Do not bump posts to the top without adding constructive content to the thread.
- Do not hijack topics. Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited.
- Posts deemed inappropriate to a particular forum will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely. Posts that have been removed are not to be re-posted.
- If you have a post to report, use the Report Post button located on the post in question.
Lastly, please have fun. Although it looks like there are a lot of procedures and rules in place, most of these are common sense, and are meant as a safeguard to keep these forums active and relevant for the community. Abusing these forums affects everyone, so we ask for your cooperation and your support in achieving and maintaining this goal. Suggestions to make this an even better place for our community are always welcome! You can PM any of the Community Team members with your input, or send us a message via the Contact Us page, and we will gladly review it for implementation.
Thank you for being part of Terran Gaming!
Reviewed: October 31, 2011.